Sunday, October 16, 2011

Heartbraker, Dream Maker, Job Creator don't you mess around with me (to paraphrase Pat Benatar)

A "Job Creator" is an entreprenuer, who starts and/or expands a business, big or small and (typically) benefits society by offering products or services and jobs in the process. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Ray Kroc are obvious examples. Those are the members of the 1%, who may deserve lower tax rates and higher reverance in our capitalist society. Likewise those, like myself,  in the finacial sector who earn commissions and bonuses from selling investment instruments are certainly entitled to whatever earnings the market will bare in our capitalist economy. However, although the latter group may earn income as great or greater than the entreprenuer, their contribution to society is far less and therefore they do not deserve the same level of beneficial tax treatment nor reverence. I have been a member of the 1% of income earners for almost 10 years, having done so first as an entreprenuer and second as a salaried employee but because I risked (and in certain ventures lost) considerable capital as an entreprenuer I risked nothing in my later role and I am honest enough to see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment